Northern Hibiscus mall does not sell products directly. All products on our website are from third-party sellers or vendors on the platform.
Third-party sellers choose whether or not they offer a return policy, and if they offer one, they choose how long it lasts before it expires. Therefore, the return policy for Third-party items can vary: some Third-party sellers choose 3, 7 or even 14 day return policies, while other sellers choose to offer no return policy.
If something goes wrong with an eligible product sold by a Third-party store and you notify us before the return policy set by the seller expires, we will help you to reach a satisfactory resolution such as a return for replacement, exchange, or refund. However, if the return policy set by a seller has expired, Northern Hibiscus ability to help you may be limited. (In this scenario, you may have to negotiate a resolution directly with the seller, but NH mall will try to help if we can.)
For change requests on items that are not defective but approved for return by the seller, you will be entitled to a replacement, exchange or voucher refund.
TIP: Before buying an item, check the return policy offered.
General Return Policy Eligibility (& Warranty Exception)
Most items sold on Northern Hibiscus follow general return policies set by us or individual sellers, but some products have different policies or requirements associated with them. Products in the categories below are not eligible for return:
- Products that have been installed, used, or altered from their original condition
- Products with tampered or missing serial / UPC numbers
- Products damaged due to misuse
- Products in the Food & Drink category
- Products in the Beauty, Health and Personal care category
- Jewelry, innerwear, lingerie, and socks
- Weave on and other hair extensions
- Products in the Books category
- Products with broken package seals
- Items with NO returns policy
Defective products with manufacturer’s warranties have different policies:
If a product is covered under a manufacturer’s warranty, the product’s manufacturer has authorized third-party repair service providers to repair their products. For these products, you may be directed to contact the manufacturer or service center to handle issues covered under the warranty and receive your repair or replacement free of charge.
Checking an Item’s Warranty
Northern Hibiscus Mall makes it easy for you to make an informed buying choice. To inspect an item’s warranty information, simply look in the ‘Product Specification’ section of the product detail/description page.
Note: Where the service center is not available in your location, you may choose to contact us for assistance. However, the following would apply;
- The cost of shipping the product to the seller and back will be incurred by you.
- In the event the defect is not covered under the manufacturer’s warranty, you will be required to bear the cost of repair (the cost estimate will be provided by the service center and your consent will be obtained before repairs are carried out on the product).
- The returned product does not qualify for a refund or replacement from the seller. However,the manufacturer may, or may not offer a replacement under the circumstance.
. General Return Process
1. Registration of Complaint:
Register your complaint before the return policy expires
2. Complaint Review:
Within 48 hours, your request will be reviewed by us (and the seller, if applicable).
3. Complaint Feedback:
After your complaint is reviewed, your item may or may not be authorized for return depending on the ‘General Return Policy Eligibility’ factors described above.
If return is not authorized, this will be communicated along with the relevant reasons. If return is authorized, you will be sent an authorization along with appropriate information on where to drop off the item.
4. Return of Item:
If return is authorized, you will be asked to return the item within the timeframe communicated while ensuring that:
- The item is returned in its original packaging with all accessories intact
- The item is in the same condition it was in when delivered
- The invoice is included with the reason for return written on it
5. Return Confirmation:
Once your return is received you will receive a confirmation, however if the item does not meet the criteria required for Return of Item, your return may be declined. Please note that this confirmation is simply a confirmation of the return and not of any defect, etc. as the item has not been inspected thoroughly.
6. Resolution Processing:
Depending on the exact issue, final resolution after return confirmation may happen very quickly or may take longer. Scenarios involving relatively detailed inspections or examinations may take longer.
7. Final Resolution:
Your repair, replacement, refund or exchange will be on its way to you.
If an order was fulfilled by a seller via another courier service, you may be required to return the item directly to the seller through a channel you and the seller agree on.